Improvements to our school buildings
Posted on by Bright Tribe
We’re delighted to share with you a number of improvements made to our schools over the last few months to make them as safe and secure as possible and update the condition of each building to maximise its energy efficiency and make it a better place to learn and work.
Many of these improvements have been made possible by successfully winning a number of bids for ACMF (Academies Capital Maintenance Funding) and Salix loans which are available from the Government and include:
Werneth Primary School
- Improved heating and lighting systems to make the building more energy efficient
- Security fencing and CCTV installed
- Erected acoustic walls in open plan learning spaces so the school can continue to have freedom without compromising on teaching and learning
- New hardware and improved IT network
- Display boards installed in the key stage 1 area of the school to display pupils’ work
- Fire doors installed to improve the safety in the school
- Installed access control to increase pupil safeguarding.
The Whitehaven Academy
- External painting to reinvigorate the Overend block and improvements made to the courtyard area
- Closure of the Maths block to save money on running costs and bring the school community together by relocating classes to other areas of the school
- Increased temperature and water pressure in the shower rooms
- New drainage system in the sports playing fields to cope with excess rainwater and to prevent flooding
- Post-16 Centre refurbished to make the area an enjoyable place to learn and socialise
- Replaced six boilers to ensure that the temperature in the building is kept at a comfortable level throughout the year, reducing energy costs.
We have also made a number of improvements to the IT infrastructure at these schools, including an upgraded wireless network and new IT suite at The Whitehaven Academy and new technology in classrooms at Werneth Primary School, helping to embrace innovative learning in lessons.
We will continue to carry out further improvements throughout the next year and will keep you updated.